The University of Lincoln
are welcoming submissions for the Heritage Dot Conference, co-hosted with the Heritage Lottery Fund
and Imperial War Museums. The 2019 edition ‘Joining the Dots: Partnerships, Participation and Platforms’
takes place on 3-4 June 2019
. The call for participation closes on 14th January 2019
– there’s just one month left to submit your proposal!
Heritage Dot will explore the exciting collision between digital and cultural heritage. This fusion is creating new relationships between past and future, tradition and innovation. It is enabling new audiences to reinterpret the past and technologies of the future to re-imagine professional practice. At the same time, its continually evolving nature can be a confusing space, placing demands on people and organisations within a landscape of diminishing access to resources.
We invite practitioners, professionals, researchers and anyone with an interest in digital cultural heritage to present your work – which may be a completed project or one in progress – to Heritage Dot. Participants are encouraged to contribute in a range of formats, such as talks, interactive displays, papers, demonstrations, panels, posters, workshops or boot camps. All can be accommodated within the conference programme.
Submissions are especially sought that investigate or relate to the main conference theme Joining the Dots: Partnerships, Participation and Platforms
, but we also welcome proposals that explore other aspects of digital cultural heritage.
We’re particularly interested in proposals that:
- Explore the ways in which practitioners, professionals and researchers can work in partnership across digital-cultural heritage terrains: more than ever, teamwork seems fundamental to success
- Share experiences and identify opportunities to develop confidence, skills and expertise that leads to greater participation by, and successful outcomes for, those involved in preserving, curating and using digital cultural heritage
- Identify key challenges and lessons learnt in delivering innovative and effective digital solutions and platforms that support access to cultural heritage
- Register for updates here.
- Read the full Call here – then submit a proposal here.
- The deadline for submission of proposals is 14th January 2019.
- Questions? Check our Useful Info page or Contact us